Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

In any moment a decision you make can change the course of your life forever. - Tony Robbins

A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. - Tony Robbins


So many fail because they don't get started - they don't go.  They don't overcome inertia.  They don't begin. - W. Clement Stone

For the past week, I have failed to make the decision to take time to post to my blog.  Each day that I let pass without posting something, made it a little easier to drop it lower on my priority list without feeling guilty. . .  I'm guessing that you can relate in some way - when we procrastinate, or fail to make a decision to follow through on something it tends to get easier and easier to excuse not taking action and justify not doing what we said we were going to do.

And THEN someone asked me about it - said they missed seeing the daily postings and tips.  A simple, innocent comment from someone else made me stop in my tracks.  What was my reason for not following through?  Why did I make myself a promise that I would do something, start strong with carrying out that promise, and then just let it drop without feeling guilty about it?

Honestly, I don't know the answer.  I think a lot of it has to do with FEAR . . . fear of failure, fear that I'm not good enough to deserve success, fear that I'm not impacting anyone, fear of the unknown, and on, and on . . .

What I do know is that it is NEVER too late to start again!  It is never too late to make the decision to fight your fear, overcome your procrastination, and work towards your destiny!  EVERY decision we make is important!  But just as important are the decisions we fail to make and the steps we fail to take, because they too are shaping our future!

Decide today to live a life of purpose that is dictated by your well thought out decisions - and if today that doesn't happen, then start again tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that until you break your bad habits and decide that it is easier to follow through then continuously start over again!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment