Monday, April 23, 2012

A Job

In my quest to become my best ME, a friend has shared her Tony Robbins materials with me.  In the first few minutes of listening, I already had a page full of notes.  If you are ready for any type of personal journey, I highly recommend that you spend a little time with Tony :)

One of the things that really hit home with me is that many of us (including myself) live the majority of life as if it were a job - something to be gotten done, taken care of, worked through . . . what a horrid way to exist!  When we live our life as if it were a job, we aren't really living at all - we are simply existing!

Life is something that should be enjoyed, savored, embraced.  Another one of Tony's pearls of wisdom that I jotted down is that your life is all about how you feel.  Our emotions dictate the way act and react to the things around us.  To help make sure that we live a life filled with emotions make sure that you are living life from a stand point of "Get to" and not a stand point of "Got to".  When you are facing a task, looking at your to do list, staring down a Monday, etc. change your state of mind and embrace all of the "adventures" that you "Get" to be a part of!




No comments:

Post a Comment