Sunday, April 1, 2012

Own your Dreams

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

I recently read a great book by John C. Maxwell called "Own your Dreams: Discovering your Purpose in Life".  It's a quick read that really grabbed my attention.

I realized that I had cut myself off from dreaming because I had no faith that I would be able to achieve the dreams anyway, so all I was doing was causing myself pain by wanting what I couldn't have.  This book, along with other factors helped me to realize that I was hurting myself more by locking away the ability to dream - kind of like cutting off you nose to spite your face.  So I am now working on re-awakening my dreams.  Letting myself imagine what I really want out of life.  Then I am making sure that I share these visions with the people I love, and that I work on taking steps to turn these dreams into realities.  In the words of Clay Walker, "Gonna do my dreamin' with my eyes wide open!"

Anyone can achieve their dreams if they will simply believe in themselves and the possibilities!


No comments:

Post a Comment