Monday, April 9, 2012

To-Do

"Most people are so busy knocking themselves out trying to do everything they think they should do, they never get around to what they want to do." Kathleen Winsor

This really hit home for me today! I was just feeling exhausted because I was trying so hard to get everything done, but could never seem to get to the bottom of my to do list - and the things that I really wanted to do weren't even on the list, only the things I needed to get done.  So today, I gave up on the to-do list (I know it's not going anywhere).  After work I took a nap, then I went outside with my husband and son to enjoy some sunshine and fresh air while we barbecued hamburgers.  I felt a little guilty, but pushed aside those feelings to just relax and enjoy - my family, the outdoors, and some down time!  It felt amazing!!  And now . . . I feel refreshed and ready to tackle that to-do list again!

So, stay busy - but make sure you are busy doing the things that truly matter, the things that bring you joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment