Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oh the Places You'll Go!

"Only you can control your future" - Dr. Seuss

"Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction" - Harry Truman

I allowed other "stuff" to keep me from posting blogs the last two days.  And then I read the quotes above that really hit home with me . . . if I want my life to live up to the goals I have set and the dreams I am dreaming, then I need to make sure that I am taking steps to work towards them.  Sitting around and doing nothing because I don't think I feel up to doing it correctly is just insane - trying and not succeeding is much more rewarding then not trying at all.  When I hit a bump in road, when I fail to reach a daily goal I have set, that doesn't mean I should just give up on the goal.  It simply means that I need to wipe the slate clean and start taking steps towards the goal again!  Sometimes I need to remind myself that nobody is perfect.

We can all use a smile or laugh to help us feel better.  And what better to bring a smile to your face then taking life advice from Dr. Seuss!!  As silly as that may seem, I once had a professor that gave a copy of Dr. Seuss' "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" to her graduating students.  I also knew a pastor that gave a copy to each of the graduating seniors in his congregation.  If you've never read it, I suggest you take the time to pick up a copy and see what direction it takes you . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment