Friday, April 13, 2012

Procrastination

"If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting it off."

Today I was inspired to write about procrastination.  Why - because I finally finished my taxes (with 4 whole days to spare)!

I have the bad habit of putting things off.  Perhaps they seem too large, too difficult, like they will take more time then I want to dedicate to them; sometimes I am unsure how to tackle the task, and others I am afraid of doing something wrong (so I continue to wait until I "feel" like I will be able to do it correctly, which of course never happens).

I make to do lists and prioritize them, I just tend to put these daunting tasks at the bottom of that to do list and then I don't get to them and they stay on that list day after day after day . . . and with each passing day the task seems more and more daunting!!

But today, I took a step towards breaking my bad habit - even though I put off doing the taxes for a loooong time, I didn't wait until the VERY last minute to get them done.  YEAH ME!!  We all need to celebrate our small successes and offer ourselves encouragement to help us continually make strides toward larger successes.

So in the famous words of Thomas Jefferson, I hope this blog has inspired you to "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today."



No comments:

Post a Comment